This publish is sponsored by Bob’s Crimson Mill. See under for extra data.
Perhaps on day I’ll cease sharing fritter recipes however in all probability not contemplating we eat them nearly each week. This fall model options cauliflower, rolled oats, and a stunning sunflower cream sauce.
Fritters for each season
I like having fritter recipes for each season and nearly each vegetable. There’s one thing very satisfying a few crisp patty, anytime of the yr. These cauliflower ones are a bit on the wetter aspect, so be affected person while you’re cooking. They should set/be golden all the best way earlier than you attempt to flip.
Bob’s Crimson Mill Rolled Oats
In terms of fritters, I normally various between breadcrumbs, flour, or oatmeal as a the majority/binder assist. I like utilizing the oats although as a result of it means these patties are gluten-free. I additionally all the time have Bob’s Crimson Mill Rolled oats readily available due to the quantity of oatmeal and granola we eat in the home.
In fact, no fritter could be full with out a unfold of some form. Whereas I normally go along with hummus, I assumed I’d share one other considered one of my favourite choices (that works nicely for this recipe and for a myriad of different recipes). This sunflower cream is pleasant.
One caveat: the sunflower seeds do have a stronger taste in comparison with cashews. I truly find it irresistible on this recipe with the cauliflower and herbs. You can, nevertheless, change to cashews should you occurred to have them readily available.
Serve this with:
Lastly, I saved these easy by topping with just a few microgreens however the fritters would even be scrumptious with a full salad or roasted greens on the aspect. I’ve additionally been recognized to serve with a aspect of marinated beans as nicely.
½ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup water
2 tablespoons minced recent chives
2 tablespoons minced recent parsley
1 tablespoon minced recent dill
1 cup Bob’s Crimson Mill rolled oats
three cups cauliflower florets (see be aware)
¼ cup crumbled feta
2 massive eggs
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon curry powder
Pinch of salt
Oil, for frying
Flakey Sea Salt
- An hour earlier than making this, soak the sunflower seeds in sufficient heat water cowl by an inch.
- When prepared to begin, pulse the rolled oats and cauliflower collectively till the cauliflower is in small items. Add the feta, baking powder, curry powder, and salt; pulsing once more to mix. Lastly, add the eggs and pulse just a few extra instances till the combination comes collectively.
- Warmth a big skillet over medium-low warmth. Add sufficient oil to cowl the underside of the pan. Barely moist your arms, take about ¼ cup of the combination, form right into a patty and place into the pan. Alternatively, scoop the combination with a spoon, slide into the pan, and press down with the again of the spoon.
- Cook dinner the patties till the aspect is deeply golden. Fastidiously flip and repeat. In the event you attempt to flip too early, the patties will crumble. Repeat with remaining combination.
- Whereas the fritters are cooking, drain the water from the sunflower seeds and place in a blender with ½ cup of recent water, herbs, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Puree till easy, including a splash extra water as wanted to skinny sufficient to mix.
- Serve the fritters with a variety of sunflower cream and high with the microgreens.
After I say three cups, it’s a mounded three cups which labored out to be about ½ head of medium cauliflower.
Key phrases: cauliflower fritters
Disclosure: This recipe was created in partnership with Bob’s Crimson Mill. All ideas and opinions are my very own. It’s content material like this that helps me maintain this website working to supply the vegetarian recipes you see each week.