We all know what you’re considering. Tofu in a mousse. That sounds… odd? Though, come to think about it, how many people may actually ensure that all mousses aren’t made with tofu? The mousse is without doubt one of the extra mysterious desserts, in spite of everything.
Anyway, placing apart whether or not all mousses are made with tofu or not (they’re not), let’s clarify why there’s tofu on this mousse. Merely put, tofu is a wonderful non-meat protein supply. It comprises 12g of protein per 100g, a stable stat meaning tofu makes the listing of our favorite high-protein meals.
Together with the chocolate protein powder additionally within the recipe, tofu makes this mousse fairly the muscle builder, with 26.2g of protein in each serving. Moreover, the darkish chocolate within the recipe comprises flavonols which might be thought to guard towards the mobile and tissue harm attributable to intense coaching. In brief, whether or not you save this mousse for dessert or have it as a post-workout snack, it’s going to be doing all your physique plenty of good.
There may be some dangerous information to think about too – it’s a chocolate pudding in spite of everything – beginning with the truth that the mousse comprises 294 energy per serving. There’s additionally 32.5g of carbs in every portion, so regulate your total calorie consumption to ensure your mousse-break isn’t a mousse-take by way of busting your macros for the day.
Substances (4 Servings)
- 175g darkish chocolate (approx 80% cocoa solids)
- 350g comfortable tofu
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- Juice and zest of two oranges
- Grated orange zest and chocolate (to serve)
- Soften the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring sometimes. Permit to chill barely.
- In a meals processor, mix the melted chocolate with the tofu, protein powder, orange zest and juice till clean and creamy.
- Spoon into 4 dishes and chill within the fridge till set. Beautify with a bit orange zest and grated chocolate.
Dietary Data (Per Serving)